Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Interesting wikipedia finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Interesting wikipedia finds

    I love Wikipedia. Anyways if you find something neat on it post it. If you find something wrong post it.

    Anyway Nick Lechay was born near Lee County Va if this is true. Never knew that.
    Nick Lachey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Francis Gary Powers is a Kentuckian By birth i guess. If this is true

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Gary_Powers
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting wikipedia finds

    Yes Francis Gary Powers was from around here.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting wikipedia finds

    LOL I know that. Pound claims him. If you look at wikipedia people from Letcher county they have him listed as from there. Wich is most likely true. Just never thought him being not from Pound. Even tho he grew up in Pound. He was Born in KY.
    GO VOLS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting wikipedia finds

    I don't really use wikipedia as a source but Nick Lachey is from Harlan I think.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting wikipedia finds

    I think he(Powers) was born in Kentucky but lived his life in Pound. He was born there because there really was no hospital in the immediate area except in Kentucky. Remember, he was born years before there was a 4-lane going to and from Wise.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting wikipedia finds

    Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    I don't really use wikipedia as a source but Nick Lachey is from Harlan I think.
    The articles themselves are not good sources to base research on.....but the sources at the bottom each are links to actual articles...and that's a **** fine place to use for research
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting wikipedia finds

    Francis Gary is originally from Pound, although some of his later youth was spent elsewhere (Michigan and then Grundy - starting his Jr year in High school). I can say this with confidence - he's family from the Cumbo Hill/Powers Hill crew of Pound. My great grandfather Cumbo Powers and his grandfather were brothers.


    Another wikipedia bit I found last night. "Emma" (Jayma Mays) from the Fox show Glee (yes I watch it - scoff if you want lol) is from Grundy and graduated from Radford University.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •